Message of the week

We like to move it move it

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Swords, swords, swords

Been playing around with Lightwave some more, this time with some texture packs a friend gave me so I can get the hang of UV mapping and applying them to the model. So far it's been a success, they don't look fantastic but then again these textures weren't designed for the model I whipped up. I'm looking forward to designing some of my own work to create models of but for now I'd like to take babysteps so I don't miss something important.


This model has far fewer points and polygons attached as I took out that which was unnecessary such as all the innards, kind of like gutting a fish.
EDIT*: I just figured out how to increase the resolution of the texture >.<  So now it looks better atleast. Also colours don't match because I inverted the texture in places.

No comments:

Post a Comment